Here at Southend Psychiatry, we fully embrace all of the celebrations and awareness that takes place during Pride Month. This month is for everyone, from all walks of life no matter where they are in the world, to honor who they are.
Did You Know? The New York Pride Parade is one of the largest and most well-known parades with over two million people estimated to participate in any given year. New York City also held the very first pride march in 1970. Way to go NYC!
Why We Love to Celebrate
- It Raises Awareness – This month provides us with a great opportunity to think about, support and discuss issues related to the gay rights movement. With gay marriage, adoption and transgender rights on the line, the LGBTQ+ community needs our support more than ever.
- It Is Positive – Pride Month is all about loving and accepting everyone for who they are. It is an opportunity to celebrate how colorful we are as humans and meet other like-minded people. Attending a parade, festival or event in our community brings us together!
- It Is For Everyone – No matter what our sexual preferences are, we all come together and celebrate our diversity during Pride Month. People of all ages, especially children can join in on the fun that is had! By teaching our youth about sexual diversity, we are passing on a spirit of acceptance and inclusion.
How We Love to Celebrate
- Learn Something New – Now is a great time to learn about the people who helped bring this movement together. Our history is full of bravery and trailblazers! There are also informative movies and documentaries that shed light on Pride Month.
- Join a Pride Parade – Everyone is welcome to join in on the fun of supporting gay rights and equality. You don’t have to identify as LGBTQ+ to attend. Click here to find out how NYC is celebrating Pride Month.
- Represent the Rainbow – Grab a flag, t-shirt, scarf or cape designed with the rainbow in mind and represent with pride! Get creative on how you can show your support all month long.
We hope you choose to help support and promote the well-being of the LGBTQ+ community and preserve its rich history.
Southend Psychiatry is here as you navigate this journey. We can come alongside you to offer support and help. Contact Southend Psych today to inquire about appointment availability and get on your way to a better you.
Schedule your appointment today with one of our SouthEnd Psychiatry clinicians. Book your appointment online or call 1-800-632-7969 to get started today.